Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to saving and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server run by a web hosting distributor. There are various categories of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to run a blog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by some web hosts, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the tasks at hand between different sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific companies offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a vast quantity of images with buddies or associates since the service is generally free. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your email box accounts. Some providers provide webspace hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email solution. If you want to set up an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to utilize as many videos as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to keep a site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and email address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Cloud Host Shop, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific web content solely.